Monday, November 22, 2010

18 Months Old

Gavin turned 18 months in September. He had a great report from the doctor...still off the charts in size, but very healthy! He weighed 33 pounds, so I am definitely getting a workout every time I pick him up and carry him around! People think he is a 3 yr old all the time! Our only concern is that he is not talking very much. Don't get me wrong, he communicates just fine...everyone knows exactly what he wants; he's just not using words very often. He has a few that he uses regularly...mum (for mom), dada, more, oh wow, and uh oh. Occasionally, he will spit out a surprising phrase, like "here camera". So, I know the words are in there...it's just a matter of getting him to use them. He still has the sweet, laid-back personality he always has. I pray that he never loses that! And, he is as daring as ever...he will try anything without a single thought about it! We are constantly "saving" him from something or laughing at the outcome if we didn't get there fast enough! He has become very independent...he doesn't want me to carry him in to school or out to the car anymore...he tries to do lots of things on his own...and he thinks he is big enough to do everything his big brother does! He brings many smiles to our faces, and we couldn't love our little Gav any more!!!

This is what I mean by "daring"...


Just being cute...




Mr. Independent...trying to get his own water and taking his "food" (aka a pack of frozen veggies that he got out of the freezer) to his highchair...you'd think I never feed him!

No comments:

Post a Comment