Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Week

Well, I survived my first week back at school...is was good, but I am very tired! I am so excited to be at my new school, though...so that makes up for the hurting feet, soar throat (from talking all day again) and stress from beginning of year stuff. This year is bringing lots of firsts...first year at a new school (again), first time to have to get 2 kids ready in the morning, first time Gavin has gone to daycare, first time for Aidan to go to this particular daycare, and this is my first time to teach geometry. I am still teaching Algebra I and II as well, so now I have three preps. And, on A-days, I have all 3 classes, so I teach three different things in a row...most days I teach two sections per class, so that is 6 different lessons in one day! I am not complaining though...it breaks up the monotony and keeps things interesting! I am enjoying it so far. I thought I would post a couple of pics of my room once I got it all decorated. I probably spent too much money on new decorations, but I figure I better like it because I spend so much time there! My new school is called Vandegrift High School...VHS, which is kinda funny considering I went to VHS. And, our mascot is The Viper...weird that my alma mater is now the vipers! Our colors are black and silver...so I decorated with black, white, and silver and added a magenta for some extra color!

"Viper News" Bulletin Board


Fun Chair and Pillow in Back Corner of Room


My Bulletin Board...complete with shrine to kids! : )


View From My Desk

No comments:

Post a Comment