Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Days

I have had about 30 first days of school so far.  As a teacher, they just never stop coming! : )  Every year, never fails, there are the first day jitters...am I going to like my students, are they going to like me, am I going to have any crazy parents, am I going to have 35 kids in one class, etc, etc.  But, as I sit here on the eve of yet another first school day, I am not thinking about any of those things...I can only think about the first time I will drop my baby off at Kindergarten!  He is super excited and cannot wait to see what school is all about.  I am super excited for him, but welling up with tears as I write this.  I cannot believe this day is already here...

I am scared to let him go, but I am comforted by the fact that his teacher seems so sweet and nurturing.

I am nervous for him as he encounters so many unknowns, but I am thankful that he is more excited than he is scared.

I am sad that it's already time for him start this journey, but I am excited to see where this year takes him.



Aidan, tomorrow is the first of many exciting times in your educational career.  I know it's going to be a great year.  I pray that your love of  learning will continue to grow with you and that you will look back on these years with fond memories.  I love you so much and can't wait to see what lies ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment