Monday, December 14, 2009

Aidan's First Piano Recital

What a big day...Aidan had his first piano recital (after just 3 short months of lessons). He goes to lessons during the day, so RJ and I don't get to see what all goes on during class. I was able to attend the week of Thanksgiving since I was out of school, and I was amazed. There are 4 students in his class (all 4 yr olds). They are learning the basics and having fun doing it. I was very impressed with what they knew already. He really enjoys going to class and often asks me in the morning if it's "a piano day". RJ and I are excited that he is able to start learning music, and we hope to foster this excitement that we see in him.

I must say, I was more nervous tonight than he was! If you know Aidan very well, you know that he gets shy in crowds. So, I didn't know how he was going to react when he saw all the people that were in the audience. However, he did a great job. He marched out, played his two songs (they are short and simple, but songs none-the-less), and even bowed to the crowd before he left the stage! We are so proud...our little boy is growing up! I can't believe he is old enough to be having a performance of any type. He was very proud, too, to be playing for everyone, and , most importantly, he said he had fun...I hope that feeling sticks for a long time!

Here's our little musician...


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Aidan Great Job. You are amazing! I can't wait until I can hear you play in person. Christin, you are truly a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing. It's like you can sense when I am missing the boys so much. Then there is an update. I feel I a rarely get to see them so to be able to see pictures and videos of what I am missing is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Aidan!! i'm so proud of you...the next time I take a trip up to Austin your going to have to put on a little private concert for me!! Again I'm very proud of you!! Love You!!

    ReplyDelete